Sunday 3 February 2013

The Awakening by L.J. Smith



Ugh. I don't even know why I read this book. Maybe because I watched the tv show once or twice and thought, hey, I should check these books out! Wow. I kind of regret it now. I dunno. I wasn't really into this book. I mean, I've got more of the books, and I'm probably going to read it just for the hell of it, but I'm not totally sure if I'm going to like it. It was alright. I couldn't really get into it though, and found myself skimming most of the book. The worst part? The insta-love. Ugh, why. It was like three days tops of hanging out and you were like. Oh Stefen. I love you. And then for the rest of the book up until the end you were like. WHY WON'T HE LOVE ME WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME UGH UGH I HATE THIS UGH. Just stop it. You're dramatic. I want to smack you. Just so you know. I don't know why those other dramatic girls put up with your rants but oh wait because they all did it too. Just ugh. I don't like it.
I've literally seen the tv show like three times. I thought the books would be better than that, because that's usually how it works. But nope. definitely not with this one.. lol. Read it if you dare. I've heard awesome things about these books, but I really don't think they delivered. Just so you know. It's just a little warning. It's boring. hahah.

facebook
goodreads
group

2 comments:

  1. I don't want to discourage you... but wait till the 4th book lol
    This isn't Smith best job... I think the TV show is more interesting than the books, and the show is NOTHING alike them... so yeah better story I guess...

    Cynthia @ We All Make Mistakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha awesome. I was hoping I wouldn't have to just skim through the whole series. I have like 4 more of the books and I was thinking about just putting them off until forever.. lol. glad it gets better. and yeah, I thought the tv show was pretty good, just not the first book. thanks for reading my review! C:

      Delete