Monday 7 January 2013

The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong


Dammit. I was half done this review and then I accidentally hit back. ): Boooo. Anyways. Lets get going on this second try.

I'm going to be honest here, I didn't really like this book. It was pretty boring, and I'm getting tired of the whole running away from everything plot. I mean, it seems like every book is getting worse, and the group is just running away more and more. Running away from home. Running away from a foster home. Running away from an asylum. Running away from doctors. Running away from this and that and the other thing. It gets boring. I mean, sure, they're on the run. They have to move eventually. But basically the whole book is running from place to place. And also? I don't know anyone who acts anything like any of these characters. Not at all. Even the spoiled brat. Just ugh. I'm so done with this series.
Chloe is the same as she always has been. A boring, flat, stuttering character. Sure, she has cool powers, and she can make zombies. But she's spineless. She hides behind everyone, and she is always crying. Ugh. Just stop. I'm done with you. And also. Stop complaining about everything.
Tori-Tory? I dunno. She's a spoiled brat. She's annoying, and I literally cannot imagine being around her in real life without punching her face right off. Just ugh. I'm sick of her.
Simon is annoying too. He just sits around being a 'pretty boy' as he was described, and complaining about everything while blaming everyone else for his problems. I'm done.
And Derick is horrible. No one treats other people the way he does, and that's why he's alone. Sure, he's got Simon, but if I were him I wouldn't put up with his crap. Just stop. So what, you're a werewolf. You're also a huge a-hole to everyone. I'm done with you.
I think those were all of the characters.
Read this book if you want, I'm sure there are people out there somewhere who like it. But honestly? Sometimes people need to hear the brutal truth. And there should've been a character in this book to tell those guys off.

facebook
goodreads
group

No comments:

Post a Comment