Wednesday 2 January 2013

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia



I wasn't sure what I was getting into when I first started this book. And by that, I mean I didn't even read the description. This was more one of those books that everyone else was reading, so I thought I'd take a shot at it. And what did I find? It was awesome. I love when the main character is a guy. It's refreshing, and you don't really see it that often lately. Which is crazy, I mean. I know guys in small towns don't read, but I'm sure there are guys that read in city's.
Anyways. Magic is always an interesting topic to write a book on, and I don't think I've read any two books that are alike about it. Unless they're in a series, of course. I was surprised at the length of this book, thought it would get a little boring, but apparently it didn't.
I liked the characters. They were relateable, especially from someone who is living in a small town right now. They really did seem like the people around me, which, might I say, isn't always a good thing. The bitchy girls are still bitchy, no matter where you go. Same goes for the jock guys. You'd think TV would've changed them like they do in the cities, but it really doesn't happen like that. Anyways. Like I said, the characters were great. I don't really know what else to say about them. I loved Amma, she was so superstitious and it was awesome. I'm still not sure why she was there, though. Was she like, a caretaker? Like a nanny? Or, since apparently she took care of Ethan's dad when he was young, does that mean she'd been there when Ethan's mom was still alive? I think that's the only part I didn't get. Also I wish Link would be my friend in real life. That would be cool. I love when books are turned into movies just after I've finished reading them. How awesome is that.

facebook
goodreads
group

3 comments: