Sunday 9 December 2012

Messenger by Lois Lowry





To be honest, I'm still not really sure how the books in this series are connected. I mean, I know that the second book and the third book have a couple of the same characters in them, but how is the first book related to any of this? What happened to Jonas and Caleb-if I remember correctly? I mean sure, they're all dystopian books with basically the same idea. but really, how do they even match up? It's weird. Maybe someone could explain it to me?
That being said, I still enjoy this series. It's short, and straight to the point. Sometimes I wish it would be a little longer, but that's fine. Sometimes you need a short book in between long books just for a break. I didn't realize it at first, but Matty was the child from 'Gathering Blue'. I don't really remember more than bits and pierced , but once Kira came into the story with her twisted leg and sewing powers, I started to remember.
Overall, I liked this book. It was interesting, and the forest adventure was pretty cool. I'm not totally sure what happened at the end there, but there's still one book to read, so I'm sure I'll find out. (:

facebook
goodreads
group

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment