Sunday 11 November 2012

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan : Review



I'd like to thank the publisher for letting me read this via Netgalley.com.
What a cute book. I really didn't know that it was written by the same people that wrote 'Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist' until I looked it up. The whole time I was reading this book, I was like. Huh. This reminds me of that movie. Which I really liked, because Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist is like one of my favorite movies. I really need to read that book though, :P
I know this came out a couple years ago, but I still got it off Netgalley. Which is awesome, because I didn't even know this book existed until I saw it there. I'm glad I got to read it. It's a cute story about a couple book nerds, like me, who found each other through books, and made their boring holidays fun. A couple times through this book, I found myself thinking about what would happen if I did this. But no, this is a fictional thing, and I'm sure it would only work in books. :P Plus. I'm not that desperate, am I? hahah. Lily's kind of a shut in, she doesn't really get into other's business, and she mostly just sits around at home. Dash, on the other hand, goes out all time, from what I learned, and has friends who's business just sucks him in. Which is really what happens to me. I would say that I'm more of a Dash than a Lily, and that's not a bad thing. I know I'm saying this a lot, but they're really cute. I know they're fictional, but I could totally see a couple like them being around my school. I mean, even though there are really only about five people who are really hard core readers, one being me, I could still see it. Maybe if some guys got into books. But anyways, lol. If you haven't read this book already, you definitely should. And, while we're on the topic of cute things, you should really watch Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist. And not just because I've got a big movie star crush on Michael Cera. That's an awesome movie, and if the book is anything like the movie, I'm sure I'll love it.

http://readers-not-writers.blogspot.ca/
(blog)

https://www.facebook.com/aurora.schnarr
(facebook)

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/68481-the-young-adult-challenge
(reading group)

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5796821--radioactivebookworm-
(goodreads)

Thanks for reading! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment