Saturday 10 November 2012

And All the Stars by Andrea K. Host : Review


First of all, I'd like to thank the publisher of this books for allowing me to read this books via Netgalley.
Now, Onto the review.
This book is about aliens. If that wasn't obvious from the second or third chapter, it is now. I wasn't really sure what it was going to be like from the first page, because from the beginning it reminded me of a saw movie.. which isn't always a good thing. I think that the style of this book changed a lot during the duration of this book, and I didn't really like that. It was a good book, sure, but I couldn't really stay all the way into it. One of the things I didn't really like, was how the scene's changed, because it was too quickly. I'd be reading, and then all of the sudden the character would be somewhere else, or talking about some other thing and I'd be totally lost again. And I mean, in what world is that a good thing? I liked the book, But still. There are always some aspects I don't like in every book.
Madeleine was trapped in some kind of cage. I'm not sure how she got out, I think she climbed, or slid, or fell out of something, but she did get out. (That's not a spoiler, is it? :P) She makes some friends, and she falls in love. I DON'T LIKE THE INSTA LOVE IN THIS BOOK. Thought that should be clear. It happens too often, and I don't care who it is, I DON'T LIKE IT. So. Just so you know. (; It was like. bam. crush. bam. making out. bam. sex. and then done. and then back together. IT'S AWFUL.
Overall, It was a good book. I'd reccomend it. And even thought there were some parts I didn't like, there were also parts I really liked. Like the aliens. I haven't read anything like it. Also the powers. They were pretty awesome. And I'd love to be covered in stars. I'm obsessed with Astronomy. Which is awesome, because there were aliens in this, Lol. As if that wasn't obvious. So, I think that you should really check out this book. (:


http://readers-not-writers.blogspot.ca/
(Blog)

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/68481-the-young-adult-challenge
(Group)

https://www.facebook.com/aurora.schnarr
(Facebook)

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5796821--radioactivebookworm-
(Goodreads)

Thanks for reading! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment