Monday 6 August 2012

Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton: Review


Gahh. What a dumb ending. I don't like when movies and books do that.. it's just so.. cheesy... I can't stand it! But other than that, it was good. I don't really like the whole 'I've been waiting for you for blahblahblah years...<3' it's kind of stalker-ish and creepy... But whatever. Keep your apparently super hot angel boyfriend. Who cares if your love is forbidden. It's predictable... But if you want to still do it, whatever. Everyone else does it.
I haven't really read than many angel books, mostly because I can't find very many of them, and also a little bit because I'm an athiest.. I'm not really big on the whole god thing. But angel's are cool I guess, with their weird powers. Just don't really like all the biblical references and such. You get what I mean? But nonetheless, It was good.
I was hoping the circle from the beginning wasn't going to be quite so obvious, with her driving and her dad and such, but that's alright. Honestly I think that the book should have ended when she went back to the words her teacher said.. The rest of it was kind of.. excessive. And I hope I'm not the only one who thought that. Like who cares if she gets grounded? She's just going to sneak out like every other teenage girl. But that's cool too. Just add extra pages I guess. A whole extra chapter. That's alright.
I hope you get what I mean by this review. It's a good book. All the angel books I've read are them fighting the devil, but that's to be expected, right? It's good vs. evil. It's always going to be like that. So. Read if you want, I'm not saying it was bad. Just... Predictable. They always forget, they always reincarnate, and they always fall in love with the wrong person. Other than that, it was different than the others. Which trust me, is a good thing. So Have fun with this one!

Check out my group! :D
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/68481-the-young-adult-challenge

Thanks for reading (:

No comments:

Post a Comment