Thursday 26 July 2012

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan

 I wasn't so sure about this one at first, I mean it was awesome, but I didn't know that the viewpoints were switching until both of the Will Grayson's met each other. It was confusing me. I thought that they were one person until I knew that they were two people, and I didn't like it. But then it all changed. Both of them changed and all of the sudden I knew that they were two different people. I knew which one was which, and even though their friends sort of mixed for a while there, it made it interesting. Also, I loved Tiny's play. It was hilarious. I almost felt like I was there for a while there, and even though I don't really like plays, I would totally see that one if my friend was Tiny.
I didn't want to put this as five stars, because of the viewpoints switching. I think it could have been clearer than it was, and I'm hoping I wasn't the only one confused by it. Maybe I wasn't paying as much attention as I could have, but that's alright. It's over now, and I got where it was going. Honestly, the other Will Grayson for me, is the gay one. I think I knew more about the straight one because there was more information about him, and I didn't really connect with the other one. I mean, hey. Imaginary boyfriends are all the rage now, but they're still creepy. Especially when your friend is the creator.. was that a spoiler? I hope not. I'll just leave it as not a spoiler... for now... lol.
Like the other John Green books, wait. how do I say this. They're all kind of the same, but I like the one's I read. That's probably why I like them, because even though the characters are a little bit different from each other, they're all the same. If that makes sense. I feel connected to one, and then in another book it's like the same character might look different, but they speak the same, and they act the same. I hope I'm making sense. I think I'm just going to end it here, but I hope you all get what I mean. You should definitely check this book out if you haven't already!

Thanks for reading!

Check out my Group! We're reading Eden's Root right now, and you can get a copy for yourself!
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/68481-the-young-adult-challenge


No comments:

Post a Comment