Saturday 28 July 2012

The Perks of Being a WallFlower by Stephen Chbosky: Review

 The voice I heard in my head throughout this whole book, was probably a lot younger than what it was supposed to sound like. I'm not really a big fan of the whole writing letters or diary entries kind of book, but it worked in this one. I'm not really sure what was up with the main character, he kind of acted younger than he should have, and his word choice made me think he was like ten, but that's cool. He was just another kid with problems.
Don't get me wrong. It was a good book, and I enjoyed it. I don't really have much to say about it though, other than he should really watch more tv. Some of the things he didn't know, it was crazy. I mean, I get that it was in the 90's, but come on.. you have to know some of that stuff, it's just common sense. I'm not really sure if he had depression or was autistic or something like that, but he was sad all the time, and he didn't really know how to handle people. So. If anyone knows.. please explain it to me. Thanks! lol. I think I'm just going to stop while I'm ahead with this one, I don't really have anything to say about it. Oh, except did you know it's becoming a movie? Really soon too! It's crazy. I didn't know that until I was looking for a picture of the cover. I guess I'll have to go see it. :P

Thanks for reading!

Check out my group! :D
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/68481--the-young-adult-challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment