Monday 16 July 2012

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs: Review



Have you ever read a book about circus people? I haven't, and now I'm really glad I have. The characters were amazing, they kept the story interesting. I didn't really get the whole thing about Miss Peregrine, but that's okay. I guess we all need a mentor that turns into a bird sometimes. It's been a long time since I read a book with pictures in it, and I still love them. The pictures kept everything exciting, popping up when I least expected it. Also, they had some pretty crazy stuff in it. And when I read that they were all real? That's awesome! I wish I had some of those. :P
At first I didn't think that the main character was 15.. he had the aspirations and personality of someone older. I thought he would be like. 17 or 18. but whatever. he's pretty cool. I didn't really get his power, I mean hey. Everyone thinks he's crazy, sure. But he sees the monsters that are trying to kill everyone? I guess that's alright. How would that not give you nightmares though, lol. Did I mention I loved the pictures? That monster one was awesome. I would love that on a poster in my room, haha.
Hmm. If you haven't read this book yet, I really think you should. It's interesting, It keeps your attention with it's action and drama, and the characters are awesome. I mean, who wouldn't be awesome with powers like they have? They may not have been able to control them like other paranormal people with powers, but that kept it awesome. lol. If that makes any sense. I can't think of anything I would add or subtract from this book, except maybe a little more detail on his bus driver, his psychiatrist, and his whatever else the hell that guy was. I didn't really get why he was all of those people, except to gain his trust, but I dunno. It was a little confusing. Just this guy popping out of almost nowhere, just to fight. lol.
I think that's all I want to say about that. :P Again, I think that more people should read this. :D
That's all I'm going to put about that, I think I'm starting to repeat myself. (:

Check out my group! We're reading Eden's Root by Rachel Fisher right now, and giving away free copies. It's an awesome book! (:
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/68481-the-young-adult-challenge

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book. Some of the pictures kind of creeped me out, but they fit the whole book.
    There was even one of my friends who read it and liked it, and she absolutely hates reading. She even let me borrow it before she read it :o

    thanks for the review :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, At first I was like, What?! A picture book?! No. Way. hahah.
      That's awesome. :D I think almost anyone would love this book, It's awesome. And I mean, who doesn't like circus folk? hah. :P

      No problemo, thanks for checking out my blog (:

      Delete