Sunday 13 May 2012

Eden's Root by Rachel Fisher: Review


What an awesome book.
I know I say this alot,
But seriously.
It's unlike anything I've read before.
And then ending?
Oh man.
I just want there to be another chapter.
And that's what all books should be like. hah.

Based on a post-apocolyptic time, 2033,
All the plants have been GMO'd too many times,
And they're all starting to die before they even bear fruit.
A worldwide family is happening, and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.
Well, Except the scientists.
Which is a good thing.

I've read a couple books like this, but this one had something special about it.
The plants gave you cancer, and people actually had to live in the wild.
I'm not really sure that I liked the fact that the main character was 13 at the beginning of the book,
But it showed how much she changed at the end when she was 16.
I really can't see any thirteen year old doing all of this..
But that's okay.
It's still awesome. hah.

Honestly, I thought that the ending was going to be different.
I didn't think that Eden would be the place that it was.
It reminded me of the City of Ember a little,
And that's okay. hah.

I don't know what else to say without spoiling it for other readers..
So I'm probably going to stop here. hah.
I like how the author circled back from the beginning, it was sweet.
I'm not going to say anything else! except,
You should really read this book. :D

Also, You should check out my group.(:
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/68481-the-young-adult-challenge

2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting, Added to my to-read list =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! :D
      Awesome! hope you enjoy it, when you get to it. lol. C:

      Delete