Saturday 3 March 2012

The Second Trial by Rosemarie Boll: Review

......................................................................



Whaat! My Second Review of the Day?
How is that Possible!
I know.
Here it is.

The first thing I thought when I was done this book: Finaly!

What I didn't like about this book was:
How the main Character acted like a 3 year old.. when he was supposed to be 13.
I get that he had to go into Witness Protection.
I get that he lost his dad to jail.
I get that he had to leave behind everything he knew.


But really,
Come on man,
You acted like a little kid.


Also?

I didn't like how he was in grade 8 and getting drunk.. and smoking.
I don't know anyone who did that in junior high.
Even if they had problems,
I'm pretty sure you're still in that young-pree teen kind of mode.


What I did like about this, however,

Was how much better the book got in the end.
He changed.
He learned from his mistakes.
He MOVED ON.
Honestly if the whole book was like part II,
I would've sped through it.


So, Really, I would only recommend this book to
People who like books with slow starts.
Books about losing family.
People who like little kids getting wasted.. and joining a gang...
And beating the sh!t outa some gingersnap kid.




But seriously.If you like learning about how hard it is to lose family,
They you should read this book.


Kaythanks. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment